Non-profit organisations have become an inseparable part of our social life. Mainly foundations and associations are active to represent a board variety of social interests, such as the promotion of art, sports and education. As a rule, they prefer the status of a charitable organisation in order to be able to raise donations. In Berlin also political representation through professional associations plays and important role.
As a result of the special requirements of charities law, the tax regulations applicable to professional associations and the requirements of the Institute of Public Auditors in Germany (IDW) for the financial reporting of donation-collecting organisations, non-profit organisations need special advice. Based on our many years of experience our know-how is comprehensive in all aspects of charities law, of the specific requirements made on professional organisations and in the field of associations and foundations. Together with our clients we find the optimum structure of their organisation and support them in their on-going activities where they lead to specific tax problems.
Overview of our services
- Preparation and audit of financial statements
- Preparation and audit of statements of assets and liabilities as well as income and expenditure accounts
- Tax advice in consideration of the specific provisions for non-profit organisations
- Support during in the structuring and set-up process
- Advice and drafting of sponsoring agreements
- Advice and optimisation of the VAT effects of business activities
- Preparation of tax returns and "use-of-funds" calculations
- Financial and payroll accounting