The demands made on public enterprises, authorities and administrations are clearly on the increase. They are exposed to a higher cost pressure, while at the same time the expectations to services they perform remain at a high level. The federal government, the Länder and local communities therefore tend to outsource obligations of the state or local governments to legally independent organisational units or holding companies and develop their own business activities. Due to existing special regulations the public sector and its companies need sector-specific advice in terms of tax law and commercial law.
Crowe Horwath Trinavis as an experienced service provider
We have been providing audit and consulting services to communities, institutions under public law and holding companies of the public sector for many years now. Our tax consultancy for institutions under public law is centred around special regulations for the public sector in income tax law and VAT law (maintaining commercial businesses as well as agricultural and forestry businesses). In this connection we actively support the practical implementation of these special characteristics in accounting.
We offer our support in questions of real estate tax and real estate transfer tax as well as real estate valuation to public companies owning real estate. Furthermore, we help our clients solve problems of commercial law as well as accounting and management accounting tasks.
Combining theory and practice is at the forefront of our thinking in all these process.
Overview of our services
- Activities characterizing a business as a commercial business
- Effects of the business activities on value-added taxation
- Preparation of tax balance sheets and tax returns for commercial businesses, agricultural and forestry businesses, capital companies
- Support during tax audits
- Legal representation (fiscal authorities and courts)
- Financial and payroll accounting
Audit and audit-related consulting
- Preparation and audit of financial statements, opening balance sheets etc.
- Audits according to Sec. 53 of the Basic Budgetary Rules Act [Haushaltsgrundsätzegesetz – HGrG]
- Grant audits, financial compliance audits
- Consulting in connection with commercial law and with organising accounting
- Valuation of companies/investments